Duration-based rules enable our TV/Film rightsholders to set a minimum threshold of time before a content identification is made. Duration-based rules can be applied to any asset registered in the Audible Magic TV/Film registry and on any platform that has implemented this feature.
- Duration-based rules can be created during the initial ingestion process or by submitting a helpdesk ticket here.
- Duration based rules must be a minimum of 30 seconds and cannot be over 10 minutes in length
- Duration-based rules might not be advisable when registering short pieces of media
Common reasons for using duration-based rules
- Promoting content on social media platforms. For example, you are a movie studio and would like snippets of your new movie to be allowed on Facebook, but blocked if it’s longer than the specified duration.
- Rightsholders often have complaints from people using small portions of their content. These complaints can be time-consuming and costly. By setting a Duration-based rule, the rightsholder can reduce the amount of complaints.
If you have any further questions regarding duration-based rules please contact firstname.lastname@example.org